HELP CHIP IN TO PROTECT OUR DEMOCRACY & HELP RYAN MORALES FIGHT FOR A BETTER FUTURE
HELP US REACH OUR GOAL OF $10,000 FOR MAY #TEAMRYAN Thank you Lisa for your donation!Thank you Mike for your donation!Thank you Maria for your donation!Thank you Elizabeth for your donation!Thank you Rose for your donation!
WHO IS RYAN MORALES?
A Son, Brother, Husband and most importantly a Father who is worried about the future of our beautiful state of Florida!
Ryan Morales is a local business owner who has been helping other small business owners with their marketing for well over a decade. He is also a local Pop Warner football coach who dedicates hours to helping local children. Ryan is a man of science and looks forward to helping mold the future of our country into one of inclusion, equality, and peace.
As a father and local businessman, I understand the needs of Lake County and I will fight for its future in Florida.
For too long, our state has been taken by politicians who value party loyalty over their own people. My decision to run is not about the left or the right, because it’s about doing the right thing. I will reach across the aisle to work on common-sense and fact-based compromises for all issues that help strengthen our community and save taxpayer money.
1976 was a great year! Jimmy Carter won the election and was the first candidate from the Deep South to win since the Civil War. That year Florida had one of the best Governors by the name of Reubin Askew, a Democrat, who had a vision for a united Florida and is a role model for personal integrity and helping bring an end to segregation in our state.
1976 was a great year, and in September of 1976, Ryan was born. His mom was a warehouse worker while his dad worked in the restaurant business for many years. Growing up, Ryan was an outstanding community leader working to help his neighbors and served as a Cub Scout all the way through the ranks of Boy Scout. Throughout his sporting years, Ryan would serve as the captain of many of his teams including 3 years in PopWarner and all 4 years of the top-ranking North Bergen High School Football, and Track & Field programs.
Today Ryan’s first and most important job is being a father to 2 beautiful little girls. Ryan comes from a Hospitality, Marketing and Entertainment background. He is currently a small business owner of a consulting firm called DelPuma, located in Clermont. Ryan is considered a marketing guru by his peers for his high energy, upbeat ideas as he helps to create smart branding and imaging strategies for local businesses. As a business consultant Ryan is able to pinpoint his client’s problems and offers them solutions that work. Ryan wants to bring his skills and knowledge to Tallahassee so he can help the many who feel they are not being represented properly in our capitol.
As Ryan says “I am a concerned son, brother, husband, and father, I want to protect our state in order to create a brighter future for all Floridians. I’m just a normal guy looking to clean up the mess and corruption in Tallahassee.”
Ryan is our Precinct 47 Captain, and the Lake County Hispanic Democrat Caucus Vice President, whos helping to bring everyone in Lake County together. With your help, he will send his opponent home in 2020 and do what’s right for the people of Lake County.
FIGHTING FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR ALL FLORIDIANS
Thank you for taking the time to read about the issues that I find important to the future of all Floridians. I’m here to serve the people and work for them, with them. If you feel I’m missing an important item or do not represent the best stance on one, do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] so we can begin a discussion on how I can serve you better and learn about your views on the issues. – Ryan Morales
MY MOST IMPORTANT ISSUES
- Properly fund our schools and build new ones
- Stop diverting funds to unregulated charter/ private schools
- Remove focus from only teaching for testing
- Focus on STEAM programs for the children to be ahead of the others
- Protecting our Children is a high priority
- Assistant programs for failing schools
- Feeding all the children is a must
- Additional Support staff to help with psychological evaluations and care
- Attract employers who offer better wages
- A living wage for all workers is a must
- Help people find jobs that meet their needs and still gives them time to be with family
- Revoke “Right To Work” and “At Will” work Laws in FL
- Protect our right to unionize
- Raise the minimum wage
- Protect our Unions and focus on Accountability
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTIONS / GREEN NEW DEAL
- Stop Corporations from stealing our drinking waters and resources
- Stop Big Sugar from polluting our waters and our land
- Hold polluters and those responsible for facilitating the pollution accountable for damages
- Work on improving septic systems to avoid further contamination of our water system.
- Fight to establish environmentally friendly ideas for help with further development of our state
- We need to properly balance development and nature to avoid damaging the local ecosystem
LEGALIZATION OF CANNABIS
- Legalize It, Regulate it, Tax It
- Recreational gets basic sales tax which is to help fund our Public Schools
- Medical users get to home grow
- past offenses related to marijuana to be expunged
- Converting from Vertical Market to Horizontal Market
- Expand the current list of ailments allowed by the Medical program
- Having health insurance companies cover the cost of Cannabis like any other medicine
- Allowing for hospitals to issue immediate access to Cannabis for patients with immediate needs
- A Senior Care Program to help our elderly citizens
- We need more Affordable Housing for Seniors
- We need to expand and properly fund the feed the elderly programs in our state
- We need a Senior Transportation/ Rideshare Program
- We also need more Senior Preventative Health Care Programs
- Healthcare is Right
- Work to expand Medicare and Medicaid
- Add better Preventative Care Programs
- Focus on speedier service for all
- People Over Profits. Healthcare should not be a commodity traded on the stock floor
INTERNET, CYBER-SECURITY, ONLINE PRIVACY, & HACKERS
- We must make hackers accountable for the damages they cause
- We need better laws to protect our people from being scammed online
- We need to demand that our online activity remain our property and be paid for such information directly.
- Protect our elections from hacker interference
- Invest in our Online Infrastructure which is weak and fragile.
- Hold online platforms accountable for any damages they cause to our society
- Our whole Justice system needs reform
- Incarceration should not mean becoming a salve to the state
- Better Education Programs to keep people from Reoffending
- Reoffender laws need to be reviewed
- Many need to be released if no charges have filed against them
- Women need their basic needs met behind bars
EQUALITY FOR ALL / PROTECTIONS FOR LGBTQA
- Protect the rights of all Floridians including the homeless
- Protect the rights of all our LGBTQA Floridians
- End discrimination of any kind & Hold those who commit hate crimes accountable
- Protect the rights of all minority groups of any race, religion or sexual preference
- Protect the Civil Liberties of every American and fight for their freedoms
- Protect the 4th Amendment
- Help protect a Women’s Right to Choose
- Pay our Women the Same as Men
- Equality for All especially in the workplace
- Secure more funding for affordable housing
- Secure more builders to expedite the construction of these homes
- Create community programs that help families move ahead to better homes within a 5 year period
- Help create safe communities for low-income families to feel secure walking down their streets
- End all Illegal Online Purchases – End Blackmarket
- All private purchases or transfers must be reported immediately
- Consider Medical and Behavioral Issues before any sale of any weapon
- Introduce my Level Up Gun legislation that would only allow people to purchase advanced weapons based on their experience and age. Think of it as a video game how you advance through the levels and get a better weapon for your accomplishments. Same thing we get access to more weapons based on what we have displayed proficiency with and can demonstrate that you can wield the weapon. You can start with a basic handgun or rifle, but in order to get any SemiAutomatic weapons, you have to pass through levels to demonstrate your proficiency some of which would take years to accomplish.
- Force Manufactures to decrease the force of the weapon’s firing mechanism
- Hold Manufactures accountable like any other American industry
- Ammunition purchase shall require an ammo license which has levels for the different types of ammo – part of the Level Up Gun bill
- Proper Education at a school level on the respect and responsibility of gun ownership, along with how to use the weapons safely.
- Obtaining a job should not be dependant on your credit score
- Obtaining a house should not be judged soley on a credit score
- Create an Education Program to help those with credit problems
- Create a High School program that teaches our youth how to avoid credit problems in their future
SIDEWALKS FOR ALL
- Force developers to add sidewalks to all development projects
- Must connect all developments with sidewalks for safer passage
- Add Modern Covered School Bus Stops for our children
- Keep our Runners Safe by lighting up the sidewalks at night
- Expand the Bike Roadways to keep our bikers safe too
NEW REVENUE STREAMS FOR THE STATE TO LOWER YOUR TAXES
- Invest into the Film and Entertainment Industries to gain from the royalties
- Legalize Cannabis for Responsible Adult Use and tax it
- Invest into more education programs for adults and grow our workforce
- Invest into more art and music to gain from those royalties and sales
- Invest into more medical studies to gain from the royalties of products produced from said studies
- Start taking back our state from the private entities who have stolen our state’s natural resources for free for way too long.